- Selected Extract of Medium-Chain Triglycerides
- A Multipurpose Cooking and Salad Oil
Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs): Extracted from coconut oil, MCTs have been shown to play an important functional role in the body. Very little MCT gets converted into body fat, because MCTs are rapidly burned for energy. Studies indicate that MCTs will not increase serum cholesterol levels.
MCTs represent an exciting new frontier in health and nutrition, promising a true “fatless fat.” MCT benefits include:
- Fast Energy—converts to energy much faster than regular oils
- Less fat storage—little gets stored in fat cells
- Helps stabilize brain waves
- Metabolized without bile–gives gallbladder a rest
- Helps to maintain healthy LDL levels
- May increase energy expenditure
- Lower caloric content (8.2 Calories per gram)
- May help increase HDL levels
- Improves absorption of vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium
Unlike most other cooking oils, MCTs are extremely stable—they do not readily become oxidized. Removing the lauric, myristic and palmitic acids and other negative elements present in the coconut oil, the extraction separates the medium-chain fatty acids. The end product is concentrated in 8-carbon caprylic acid and 10-carbon capric acid in a blended ratio of approximately 2 to 1. Glycerin removed in the initial extraction is returned and used to esterify the acids. The result is the product you hold in your hands.